The protection of your personal data is very important for you and for us also!
(hereinafter referred to as “Company”, or “we”, or “us”), in its capacity as Data Controller, collects, stores, utilizes and generally processes your personal data each time you visit or use the Company’s website (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) or make any transactions at the Company’s physical store.
with “Personal Data Processing” in the subject line.
1. An overview of the Company’s Website
The website www.asset.gr
is the website of the Company presenting the products that the Company offers for sale. The website allows you various ways to access the Company, such as:
- Find our Company’s contact details
- Express your interest in purchasing products and receiving the relevant offer
- Express your interest for working in our Company through the “Career Opportunities” section, by sending us your curriculum vitae.
2. Definition of personal data
The term “personal data” refers to information about natural persons, such as full name, postal address, e-mail address, contact telephone number etc., which can either identify, or can be used to identify your person (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data” or “Data”).
3. Definition of processing of personal data
The term “processing of personal data” refers to each action or series of actions carried out with or without the use of automated media to individual data or groups of data of personal nature, such as the collection, registration, organization, arrangement, storage, adjustment or change, retrieval, search for information, use, disclosure via transmission, dissemination or any other form of distribution, correlation or combination, restriction, deletion or destruction.
4. Is it necessary to provide my Personal Data?
We are obliged to request that you provide us with the personal details necessary for concluding one or more business transactions, and also for complying with the Company’s tax or regulatory obligations. If you refuse to provide us with such obligatory details, it will be impossible to achieve the main goal of collecting this specific Data and the Company may find itself incapable of performing the sales contract.
The provision of additional Data to the company, other than those specified as obligatory, is strictly optional and inconsequential to the main purposes of data collection.
5. Types of Data we collect
We make sure that only absolutely necessary Data is collected, which will be appropriate for and consistent with their intended purposes. Such Data is:
Data from your transactions through our physical store, which may include, but not limited to, family name, given name, postal address, telephone number, Tax Registration Number etc.
Notes from your conversations with us, details concerning any complaints or comments you may state, details regarding your purchases and how and when you contact us. This, for example, may be relevant to your preferred products, in order for us to send you a customized offer.
We only ask for and only use Data necessary in order to complete the business transaction and for purposes of after sales support.
Information collecting through cookies in your browser:
Your image may be recorded by CCTV cameras when you visit one of our Company’s physical stores.
The username from your social media profile, if you use it to interact with us, so we can respond to any of your comments or questions.
Details relevant to your education, such as studies, skills, knowledge of foreign languages and professional experience (only if you apply for a job position). Your curriculum vitae will be stored for a period of 5 years in our database.
6. How we use your Data
The legislation on personal data protection allows us to take the above actions in the framework of our legal interest and our need to understand our customers in order to provide them with customized services of high level and quality.
You have the right to change the way with which your Data is used at all times. You can read more details in sections 14 & 15, titled “Your Rights” and “How to Exercise your Rights” respectively.
You should be aware that if choose not to share your Data with us, or if you refuse several communication rights, it may become impossible for us to provide certain services you may request from us. For example, if you ask us to inform you when a product becomes available, or if you ask us for an offer, we won’t be able to inform you if you have withdrawn your general consent for receiving our notifications.
We inform you that the processing of your data is carried out by the Company’s staff through information technology systems and electronic devices which the Company owns. Any processing by systems and devices owned by third parties takes place only if additional services or works are required for concluding the business transaction.
You can find more information in section 9, titled “Who are the recipients of your Data and how is your Data disclosed?”
We will now present you with several details on how and why we use your Data
To provide information for the Website and the services we offer:
To notify customers about details concerning our products, services and events, and for other promotional reasons:
- Product orders: The Company processes your Data in order to perform its contractual relationship, handle product orders, provide services, offer customer service, comply with legal and regulatory obligations, and refute, raise or exercise legal claims. If you Data isn’t collected throughout the process from placement to completion of your order, either in person or via online communication, we will be unable to handle your order and comply with our legal obligations. We may transmit your Data to third parties in order to deliver the product or provide the service you have ordered. In addition, we may store your Data for a reasonable period of time in order to perform our contractual obligations.
- Communication: The Company uses your Data for purposes of responding to requests / queries submitted, as well as for managing any complaints. The information you share enables us to manage your request in the best way possible. We also keep records of your complaints / requests for any future communications. We do this on the basis of our legal obligations and legitimate interests, in order to provide you with the best possible service and be able to improve our services based on your own personal experience.
- At times, it may be necessary for us to share your Data with third parties who provide a service (such as couriers, transportation companies, or technicians visiting your space). If you do not share your personal data, we will be unable to meet your request.
- Employment: The Company processes your Data in order to evaluate your qualifications and skills for the job position for which you apply, or for any other position within the Company, and also in order to contact you for such purposes.
To perform, improve and maintain our business activity, products and services:
- Newsletter: We will use your personal data to send you information about products and services via e-mail, the Internet and/or social media. Naturally, you can withdraw your consent for receiving such information at all times.
To protect our rights, property and safety, and the rights, property and safety of third parties:
- Development and improvement of systems and services for the products we offer. We do this on the basis of our legal interests.
To comply with our obligations arising from the current legislation in force:
- CCTV Systems: In order to prevent malicious actions against the Company’s property, clients, partners and other third parties, security cameras are functioning inside and outside our showroom. In the absence of malicious events, all relevant records are deleted within 7 days. If any criminal activity takes place, the data may be used in the legal proceeding initiated by our Company. Our goal is to protect our legal business interests and our clients, employees, partners and other third parties from malicious actions.
- Signatures in transportation documents: In order to ensure the proper and full delivery of merchandise, we ask you to sign in full letters the relevant transportation documents and include the ID card number of the person receiving the merchandise. This ensures the legal interests of our client and our Company.
- According to the current legal framework, the Company is obliged to send data to the tax authorities. In addition, the Company is obliged to comply with any court order and provide the data required by the Company in order to comply with contractual or legal obligations and exchange data in cases where such exchange is mandated by the law enforcement and the State, for example, in the case of a court order.
7. Why do we process your data?
We collect your Data in order for our Company to sell products and provide services, and more specifically:
- To manage product sales and provide services, e.g. contact and inform you about the course and execution of your order, dispatch the products, manage your payments towards the Company, manage products returns and provide warranties.
- To comply with obligations imposed to the Company by virtue of the legislation in force, e.g. tax legislation.
- To improve and adapt to your preferences as regards our products.
- To send, either online or through traditional means, commercial information about Company products.
- To investigate customer satisfaction, promote products and/or services, send newsletters for our products and/or services.
- To evaluate applications and résumés for purposes of employment with our Company.
8. What legal basis is there for processing your Data from the Company’s part
- The Company’s standard business activity
- The Company’s obligations arising by virtue of law
- Our Company’s legal interests
9. Who are the recipients of your Data and how is your Data disclosed?
Your Data is accessed only by the authorized staff of the Company, which is bound by a confidentiality clause, and also by other enterprises or service provides that are associated with us, who process your Data in the capacity of Data Processors for our Company and according to our instructions.
Disclosure of Data by the Company
The Company uses your Data jointly with:
The policy we apply for third parties with whom we share your Data dictates the following:
- Third parties – service providers, who process personal data for our Company, for purposes that include, but are not limited to transportation and delivery, hosting, management and maintenance of our data, e-mail distribution, research and analysis, management of promotional activities and products of the Company, Google, Facebook, and processing of credit card information.
- We provide only the information necessary for performing the specific services.
- Third parties may use your Data only to complete the specific services.
- We work with them very closely to make sure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, all your data will be deleted or become anonymous.
To improve your customer experience, we work with the companies listed below, who will process your Personal Data in the context of our contracts with them:
For more information about disclosure of your Data to third parties, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. How do we ensure that Data Processors respect your Data?
Third parties who act as Data Processors for our Company have agreed and are legally committed to:
- Maintain confidentiality,
- Avoid sending your Data to third parties without the Company’s permission,
- Take the appropriate security measures,
- Comply with the legal framework for the protection of private data, and especially the provisions of Regulation 979/2016/EU (otherwise known as GDPR).
11. International Transfer of Data
12. For how long is your Data kept?
13. Is your Data safe
We are committed to securing your Personal Data.
Acknowledging the importance of keeping your Personal Data safe, we have taken all appropriate organizational and technical measures for the safety and protection of your Data against any form of random or illegal processing. We employ the most state-of-the-art and advanced methods to ensure maximum possible safety.
The website www.asset.gr
uses the SSL protocol to ensure safety during registration and transmission of your personal data.
These measures are revised and adjusted whenever necessary.
14. What are your rights?
You have the right of access to your personal data.
This means that you have the right to be informed by us if we are processing your Data. In the event of such processing, you may ask for information about the purpose of processing, the type of Personal Data we store, the recipients of your Data, how long we store it, if decisions are made by automated systems, as well as your other rights, such as rectifying and erasing data, restricting the processing of such data and filing a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority. You can also ask us to show you in readable format any Data you have provided to us.
You have the right of rectification of inaccurate personal data.
If you discover any errors in your Data, you can submit a request for us to rectify them (e.g. correction of name or update of changed address).
You have the right of erasure / right to be forgotten
You can ask us to erase your data if they are no longer necessary for the abovementioned processing purposes, or if you wish to withdraw your consent if such consent constitutes the sole legal basis for processing.
You have the right to restrict processing
You can ask us to restrict the processing of your Data until the review of your objections to its processing is concluded.
You have the right to object and withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data
You can object to the processing of your Data and we will cease any processing, on condition that there are no other legal and/or other reasons prevailing over your right. If you have stated your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time and your withdrawal will also be relevant and effective in the future.
You can select to not receive Marketing Communications
You can also choose to not receive marketing communications by clicking on the “click here” link or by following the instructions included in the message. Alternatively, you can contact us by using the contact details included in the section “Questions and Comments” further below.
If the processing is relevant to our legal interest
In the event that the processing of your personal data takes place on the basis of good business practices and the legal interests of our Company, you may ask us to suspend the processing for serious reasons. We reserve the right to object to your request if there also equally serious reasons that such suspension may be harmful to the legal interests of our Company.
15. How can you exercise your rights?
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can submit a relevant request by regular mail at the address: Asset Interiors S.A., 294 Kifisias Avenue, 152 32, Chalandri, Attica, or at the e-mail address email@example.com
with “Exercise of Right” in the subject line. We will see that your request will be reviewed and replied as soon as possible.
As an exception
- If you wish to withdraw your consent to receiving a newsletter, you can click on the link “Please click here if you wish to be removed from the list of recipients” found at the bottom of each newsletter.
16. When do we reply to your requests?
The time required for us to reply to requests ranges from 2 weeks up to 1 month from the date of reception of your request. However, if your request is complex, or if there are many other requests on hold, we will notify you within the above time period if we need to extend this reply time for an additional two (2) months, within which we send you our reply.
If your requests are manifestly groundless, excessive and/or particularly repetitive, the Company may refuse to follow up on them.
17. Which law applies in our processing of your Data?
The Greek Law is the applicable law, as modified in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation no. 2016/679/EU and the current national and European legislative and regulatory framework for the protection of personal data.
The competent courts for any disputes concerning your Data will be the Courts of the City of Athens.
18. Where can you appeal if we violate the current laws on the protection of your Personal Data?
You have the right to file a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (postal address: 1-3 Kifisias Aveνue, 11523, Athens, Chalandri, tel.: 210-6475600, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
) if you believe that the processing of your Personal Data is in violation of the current national and regulatory framework for the protection of personal data.
19. How can you be informed for any amendments to this Policy?
20. Any Questions and Comments?
- By e-mail at the address: email@example.com.
- By letter at the address: 294 Kifisias Avenue, 15232 Chalandri, Attica, Greece.